Rain puddles and stormy days

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Numbers

Well, I did say I'd write about numbers and then I just forgot all about it. The following is vaguely number-related:

Somewhere in the last couple of days, I've heard a discussion on the radio about a relatively new couple comparing 'numbers'. The man had revealed his number of sexual partners to be what he thought of as being quite high and his girlfriend had been so shocked, she wouldn't speak to him. Then the number was revealed, and I was fairly shocked that such a fuss was being made over what seemed to me to be such a small number.

And then I pondered on what exactly was being counted and it all seemed a bit sillier. Quality/Quantity? Length/stamina? Why is sex so frequently talked of as thought it was a sport? Exactly what can be measured about a genuinely sexual, sensual, loving experience between two consenting adults?

I'm not sure some people get it... if you see what I mean.

(some days I should just go for the early night and not burble!)

1 Comments:

Blogger uber said...

I dunno about the numbers, but anyone with a bit of maturity can't get there in the first place without a little history of some kind - that's how things generally work.

Of course, one person's molehill is another's mountain, one person's opposites attract is another's preference for things in common, and a thousand and one other mixed up cliches.

I guess my conclusion is that more talking and getting to know people first may be better, especially if the idea of being wanted for the sport of it rather than wanted for yourself is something that's not your idea of fun. Which is a position I can relate to.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home